Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada, 89154-4020, USA
Office Phone # (702) 895-0382
Fax # (702) 895-4343
Office: CSC 924
- 1987 Ph.D. Mathematics University of California at Los Angeles
Thesis in set theory, under the direction of Professor Donald A. Martin.
- 1982 M.A. Mathematics University of California at Los Angeles
- 1979 B.A. Mathematics California State University at Long Beach
- 1977 Graduated from Leuzinger High School in Lawndale, CA
- Set Theory and Determinacy
Set Theory and Logic Books
Set Theory Seminar
National Science Foundation Grant
- Joint with Douglas Burke, entitled Determinacy, Inner Models, and Generic Embeddings, July 1996 through June 2000, $92,967, DMS 96-26212.
Publications in Refereed Journals
- [Du1] The Equivalence of Determinacy and Iterated Sharps,
Journal of Symbolic Logic, Volume 55, Number 2, June 1990,
- [Du2] Determinacy and the Sharp Function on the Reals,
Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, Volume 55, 1992, pages 237-263.
This paper originally appeared on pages 59-85 in Volume 54 (1991)
with a printer's error on pages 77-80.
- [Du3] Determinacy and Extended Sharp Functions on the Reals,
Part II: Obtaining Sharps from Determinacy,
Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, Volume 58, 1992, pages 1-28.
- [Du4] Determinacy and the Sharp Function on Objects of Type k,
Journal of Symbolic Logic, Volume 60, Number 4, 1995, pages 1025-1053.
Manuscript 4 (December 1990 version; figures 1-6 not yet included)
Manuscript 4 (Summer 1997 version; figures 1-6 not yet included)
Manuscript 8: Determinacy and the sharp function on all sets (September 3 version 1995)