UNLV Math Tutoring Clinic
THE TUTOR CLINIC IS OPEN FOR SPRING 2013
- Current Location: CDC 701
- Current Schedule: SPRING 2013
- Monday: 8a-5p
- Tuesday: 8a-5p
- Wednesday: 8a-5p
- Thursday: 8a-5p
- Friday: 8a-5p
What Courses Does the Tutoring Clinic Serve?
- MATH 095 - Elementary Algebra
- MATH 096 - Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 120 - Fundamentals of College Math
- MATH 122 - Number Concepts for Elementary Teachers I
- MATH 123 - Stat & Geom Concepts for Elementary Teachers
- MATH 124 - College Algebra
- MATH 126 - Precalculus I
- MATH 127 - Precalculus II
- MATH 128 - Precalculus I and II
- MATH 132 - Finite Mathematics
- MATH 181 - Calculus I
- MATH 182 - Calculus II
Who is Eligible to Use the Tutoring Clinic?
- Anyone enrolled as a student in any of the above mentioned courses is eligible to use the Tutoring Clinic.
How Do I Use the Tutoring Clinic?
- Show up at the location and times above. Be sure when you go you have your course materials (book,
notebook, calculator, pencil, etc). Also, be sure to know your instructors name and section number.
The clinic will work on a first come, first serve basis.
Do I Have to Make An Appointment or Can I Just Walk In To The Tutor Clinic?
- The Tutor Clinic does not take appointments, students are asked to come to the clinic and be helped
by our tutors.
How Did the Clinic Get Started?
- The Tutoring Clinic was originally a UNLV Alumni Association Student Centered Award for Fall 2005.
It was implemented as a pilot program and because of its popluarity was funded by the College of
Sciences for additional semesters.
How Can I Be a Tutor for the Clinic?
- We are always looking for quality tutors! Requirements: math or secondary education math majors,
successfully completed Math 182 or higher, average GPA of B or better in all math courses, and enrolled
in a math class during the semester of tutoring. Email Pat Pablo
(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
Math Clinic Application